Review | Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR Metal Cream Gel Shadow

/
0 Comments




There are many different shades of the Color Tattoo that Maybelline have launched, but this recent(ish) line of 24hr Metal cream shadows feature a range of long-wearing metals; an extremely saturated, shimmering shadow. 


I have four of the shades to show you today. Retailing for about $12.95, the price is quite steep for what they are, but if you manage to find a good deal (I bought these when Chemist Warehouse was having a 2 for $12 sale) I would definitely recommend picking some up. 



I like to apply these shadows with my fingers as I find it really melts the product onto the skin, however they also apply nicely with an angled eyeliner brush on the bottom lash line for a pop of colour. 





Shades from left to right:

Barely Branded - A frosty warm-toned beige
I really love this shade. It is really pigmented and is a beautiful inner-corner highlight.



Inked in Pink - A frosted pink

This is a pretty shade, however I find it hard to use given the pink tones. Against my yellow-toned skin it can easily make my eyes look swollen; definitely not a look i'm going for! But on a different skin tone I can see this being a very flattering shade as it's not overly pink.



Silver Strike - A metallic silver

This shade is perfect for a silver eye look. It would even work as an inner-corner highlight for the more daring.



Electric Blue - A metallic royal blue 

This shade doesn't layer as well as the other three, so it's harder to build up the colour. However, it's still a gorgeous colour and would look amazing paired with Silver Strike.



Overall, I really enjoy the colours from this line but the clear winner is Barely Branded. Inked in Pink would be lovely if it suits your skin tone, and Silver Strike and Electric Blue would work well for anyone who prefers a bold eye look. 


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.