Review | Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in 45 L'adorée

/
0 Comments
Well, well, well... I am finally delving into the magical world of Chanel. After always going past the shiny makeup counters and oohing and aahing over the expensive products (how can one justify spending that much on a lipstick?!), my boyfriend decided to get me a few items of my own for christmas.



So thanks to him, today I will be sharing with you my thoughts on the Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in the shade 45 L'adorée. This shade is limited edition and a part of Chanel's Notes du Printemps Spring 2014 Collection.


I've tried a fair few matte lipsticks in the past, many of them being super drying and accentuating any flakiness on the lips. I always pop some balm on my lips before wearing any lipstick, but still I find alot of the matte lipsticks in the drugstore are not very flattering at all. However, Chanel's Rouge Allure Velvet formula is absolutely amazing! It is so smooth, gliding on the lips and does not cling to any dry parts. Of course, you can't compare it to the levels of moisturization that a lipstick with shine would give, but for a "matte" formula Chanel have really knocked it out of the park.






My lips with a clear balm





 45 L'adorée outdoors with natural light



 45 L'adorée indoors with artificial light


Now onto this particular shade; I would describe it as a plum cross mauve sort of shade in the tube, but on my lips it definitely pulls more plum than mauve. Despite it being in a Spring collection, I think this is fall appropriate too.


Overall, I really enjoy having this lipstick in my collection. The shade is beautiful and the formula is lovely. And can we also take a moment to appreciate the packaging?!  If you're a fan of this sort of colour and matte lips in general, I would recommend picking it up before it gets sold out!


What are your favourite products from Chanel?


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.