Review | L'Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Gloss

/
0 Comments

I have never been much of a lip gloss girl to be honest. I think it's because I always wear my hair down, and when it gets windy (and boy does it get WINDY in Melbourne!) all my hair ends up sticking to my gloss, which isn't really a look that I tend to go for.


But after hearing all the hype about the range of L'Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Glosses, I decided I would give them a try. They have been compared to the beloved YSL Glossy Stains, which isn't really much of a surprise since they are both owned by The L'Oreal Group.

These glosses retail for $23.95 in Australia, but I definitely wait for Chemist Warehouse's 50% off sales to buy these. To put things in perspective, YSL Glossy Stains are $50 a pop at Mecca.

Today I have four shades to show you. I tried to pick out colours from each side of the spectrum (a nude, a coral, a berry and a red) so that I could test out the different shades without having to buy every single one.

From left to right:
501 Bonnie
101 Lolita
300 Juliet
402 Milady



------------------------------------------

Bonnie looks scary when swatched, but on the lips it is a soft apricot colour. It is a great shade for Summer that's not too bright and in-your-face.


------------------------------------------

Lolita is the perfect my-lips-but-better shade. It's a simple, no fuss colour that you can wear any day of the year.



------------------------------------------

Juliet is that I-just-drank-your-blood vampire shade. A weird comparison? Sorry...
Simply put, it's a lovely blood red stain on the lips.



 ------------------------------------------

Milady is a berry/plum shade that is very fall and winter appropriate. I especially like wearing this one at night.




The formula of these are really nice. They are not overly sticky and the darker shades leave a nice stain on the lips. Although the wear-time isn't amazing, as they wear off they fade away evenly, and don't leave patches on your lips like some products do.

I find that the best way to apply these for maximum wear-time is to apply one layer, let it dry and then apply a second coat.



Overall, I really like these gloss stains. If you're a fan of the YSL Glossy Stains, then these are a similar yet cheaper alternative. I would recommend picking some shades up; I know I'll be definitely going back for a few more!







You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.