A Trip Down Memory Lane | MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Whisper of Gilt & Superb

/
2 Comments
Today I'd like to share with you my favourite highlighters of all time! No doubt you've heard about the infamous Whisper of Gilt that everyone has been trying to find dupes for, and maybe even Superb, the less popular yet equally as gorgeous sibling.


These were released in the MAC In Extra Dimension Collection for Spring 2012, the MAC Glamour Daze Collection for Holiday 2012 and possibly others - but I'm not 100% sure! They were limited edition and retailed for about $29USD or $50AUD.


Whisper of Gilt is described as a "light soft white gold with shimmery sheen". This one is my go-to for when I want a very bronzed glowing look as it leaves a beautiful golden sheen on my cheeks.


Superb is described as a "soft peach nude with multidimensional shimmer". I love this one paired with a rose coloured blush to give that rose gold glow.


Left to right:
Whisper of Gilt
Superb

These highlighters are amazing - they aren't powdery and just give the most beautiful glow to the skin. I don't personally use them during the day (it's a little much for me!) but these Extra Dimension Skinfinishes are definitely my go-tos on a night out or a dinner date. The wonderful thing about these is that not only do they work as a highlighter, they can also be used as eyeshadow!




If these are ever re-promoted, be sure to pick them up if you want a luminous glow on your cheeks! MAC releases new Extra Dimension Skinfinish shades each year which are equally as beautiful, so don't worry if you can't get your hands on these exact ones.



You may also like

2 comments:

  1. Not getting these 2 is one of the biggest regrets of my make up life :(((
    But I got Definitely Defined :)
    x
    MJ

    mjintheskywithglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh how do you like Definitely Defined? I wanted to pick that one up!

      Hopefully they re-promote these Skinfinishes... I know a lot of people missed out! :(

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.