Life | Birthday Celebrations II ♡

/
0 Comments
When my boyfriend asked me what I wanted for my birthday this year, I really had nothing in mind. I know I write my 'Wednesday Wishlist' quite often - and while those things would be nice to have - I really am content with the stuff I've got already. So I told him that all I wanted to do was to go and eat! 

My one request was that I wanted to visit the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery. It had recently opened and a few of my colleagues were raving about it; so that was where we went first. 

The store itself is super cute, and the best thing is that when you go in you can grab a handful of chocolate chips and have a browse! You can also see them make the chocolate - on the day we went they were making chocolate coated peanut brittle! I didn't even think to take any photos of the place, or the chocolate I bought (which is now long gone!)...but it's definitely a nice place to visit if you're in the area. In a nutshell, it's a really cute chocolate shop where you can also sit down and have a meal in the cafe. We didn't get to do that on this trip, but I definitely want to the next time we visit!


We then went on to have lunch at Greenpoint Brasserie, the restaurant in Domaine Chandon. It is a beautiful winery, especially during Autumn as the trees are so colourful. 


 The food was really nice! I had the Tuna Nicoise which looks like a salad in the picture, but it actually has tuna under it! I loved the slow-cooked egg yolks and mustard emulsion mmmm...
Along with that I had a glass of Chandon Yarra Valley Cuvée 2009 - which I can't tell you much about because I'm no wine expert! Jase didn't drink because he had to drive (hehe..)but he ordered the Lamb Rack, which he said was really good too! 

On the side we had fried Kipfler potatoes, which sounded nice but were a bit dry..maybe skip those if you're planning on visiting! But overall it was really nice place for lunch.




^ us trying to get a photo with the Chandon logo

For dinner we went to a lovely Japanese restaurant called Oritas. This is the only photo I took because I got too excited about the food... but pictured is the Assorted Appetizer Platter for Two.
We also had a lot more food... like wagyu steak, duck, miso soup and tempura prawns!


After our very big dinner we went to Village Gold Class to watch Divergent. I was super excited because 1. I've never been to Gold Class and 2. I loved the book so I was super excited about the movie!!

The movie itself was pretty good - not my no.1 favourite but I'd still recommend seeing it if you enjoyed the books. And Gold Class was fun too - I really loved the reclining seats and being able to order food.

Thank you to Jase - my wonderful boyfriend for planning this day!!! I really enjoyed all of it ♡ And to anyone who has managed to stay with me till the end of this post - thanks for reading! 




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.