My Makeup Bag | Beach Edition

/
0 Comments


I know what you're thinking...is it necessary to wear makeup at the beach? No, probably not but on those days when we're just heading into town or going out for dinner, I like to put on a little something. Here's what I took on my trip to Cairns!


Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen
Honestly, I don't like this product. It's not that opaque and it smudges on me. Why did I bring it? It was the only liquid eyeliner I had at the time and I thought 'Colorstay' would mean it would last all day and be somewhat humidity-proof. But apparently not.

Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus
This eyeliner gets alot of hype on the asian beauty market, and while I do like it, I don't find it to be holy grail status. It still smudges on my bottom lashes, and sometimes the small fibers will fall into my eye which is not ideal for contact lense wearers. Other than that, it really lengthens my lashes with those little fibers.


Maybelline Color Tattoo in 25 Bad to the Bronze
Looooove this product! It is really natural, water proof and lasts all day. Not much else to say, it's amazing and definitely lives up to it's name.


Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer
Again, one of my favourites. It provides only a medium coverage, but in the humid weather up here anything more would just start to get cakey. It has pretty good lasting power and doesn't settle into fine lines.


NARS The Happening Palette
Sorry this one is limited edition! But NARS does come out with similar palettes every year. I love the Laguna bronzer and of course, the infamous Orgasm blush. The dark matte brown shade on the bottom right is perfect for my brows, and the shimmery light brown just above is a nice all over lid colour. The purple is also lovely for a bit of colour but I definitely stay away from the chunky, glittery cream shade...the glitter travels down the eye and at the end of the day I look like a sparkly disco ball.


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Again, sorry this one is limited edition! But you can purchase two of the shades individually. The middle shade Incandescent Light is limited edition but there are many similar highlighting shades on the market. Dim Light (left) is the perfect all over finishing powder. In some miraculous way, it just blurs everything....amazing. Radiant Light (right) gives warmth to the face and I like to apply it on my cheekbones.



Revlon Photoready Cream Blush in 300 Coral Reef
I have to admit, I brought this blush along because the name of it fit perfectly with my trip to the Great Barrier Reef. I love this coral shade, it is smooth and leaves a nice coral stain on the cheeks.


Dior Addict Lipstick on 354 Palace
I wouldn't really consider this a lipstick, but more a lip tint/balm. It leaves a nice peachy coral tint on the lips so it's perfect and subtle enough for daytime wear.

If I could go back in time, I would have probably skipped on bringing the liquid eyeliner and gone out and purchased a waterproof one - I hear Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner is amazing. I would have probably also brought alone a darker lipstick for nights out.

So that's what I've brought on my trip to Cairns. What are some of your makeup bag essentials?




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.