My Favourite Summer Lip Colours

/
0 Comments
Please forgive me for neglecting my blog for the past month! I've been caught in the Summer holiday slump; sleeping in till the afternoon and bumming around for the rest of the day. But no excuses, today I bring you my go to lip products that I have been using in the past month.




From left to right:

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in 501 Stellar
I really enjoy the formula of these lip lacquers. They have the staying power of a stain, look like a lipstick and apply like a gloss. Kudos to the genius who came up with this! This colour is especially nice, a great bright neon red for hot summer day. But make sure you have a mirror when applying this shade, as it is not very forgiving!

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 040 Rendesvouz 
(Embarassing story: I used to pronounce this  ren-des-vuz instead of rahn-dey-voo)
Who doesn't love an orange lip? If you don't usually venture towards the orange family (like myself), this balm stain is the perfect way to slowly edge your way in. You can apply this sheer or even build it up to an intense orange on your lips! I just love the Revlon balm stain line in general; they are moisturising and the formula is great! 

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in 025 Peach Parfait
I didn't think I would like this shade at first because of the glitter. But after applying it, the glitter is not that visible and doesn't feel gritty at all! This is my favourite everyday summer shade because it leaves a tint on the lips but it's not too over the top. The Lip Butters also sit nicely on the lips and leave them feeling soft. This pretty peach colour is perfect for on-the-go.

Maybelline ColorSensational in 625 Are you Red-dy
How punny! Aside from the cute name, I also love the shade of this lipstick. Moving away from the dark reds and plums of the winter and fall seasons, Summer calls for a brighter pop-of-colour red. This shade is really pigmented and not drying at all. It is my go to red for a dinner date or a night out without looking too vampy. 


So there you have my favourite shades for my lips this summer! What are yours?


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.