A Trip Down Memory Lane | NARS The Happening Cheek & Eye Palette

/
0 Comments



Let's take a look at what is probably the most used palette in my collection! The Happening Cheek & Eye Palette came out in the NARS Spring 2013 Gifting Collection. It is a limited edition palette and retails for $65USD.


This palette includes the infamous Orgasm blush which is a peachy pink with golden shimmer, and Laguna bronze which is a diffused brown with golden shimmer.

Also in this palette are four eyeshadows:
Night Star - sheer peach with gold pearl
Gstaad - shimmering taupe
Kuala Lumpur - boysenberry infused with gold (right shade in duo)
Coconut Grove - deep taupe brown infused with gold



I absolutely adore the cheek products that came in this palette. Orgasm is the perfect peach shade and gives a lovely healthy sheen on the cheeks. Laguna is perfect for contouring on fairer skin tones, but I have even seen people with medium skin tones appreciating this shade. Despite the shade description, the golden shimmer is not noticeable at all, so this actually shows up as a matte bronzer on my skin. It is a perfectly build-able contouring shade, so you don't have to worry about over-applying.


From left to right:

The shade Night Star looks like it would be a nice brow bone/inner corner highlighting shade, but don't be fooled!! It has chunky flecks of glitter in it, so keep this one away from those areas unless you're into that sort of thing. But if you wear it on your lids, it still looks lovely.

Gstaad is a nice colour to put all over the lid for an every day  look. It has shimmer, but it's very fine so when applied it still appears very natural.

Kuala Lumpur, another shade that has chunky flecks of glitter in it. I would never wear this shade during the day time, but at night it is pretty.

My favourite shade in this palette is Coconut Grove. It shows up as a matte brown when applied to the skin. I find that this is the perfect shade for my brows or crease.


I love this palette for travelling, as it has everything for my cheeks (except highlighter!), my brow/crease colour, and an all over lid colour and a handy mirror. There is even a berry shade if you want a bit of extra colour! The only change I would make is to add a pearl shade without glitter instead of Night Star, so it would be the perfect brow bone/inner corner highlight. 

I know that this is limited edition, but there are a lot of them available on ebay! So if you're interested, definitely pick this one up!







You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.