2013 Beauty Tool Favourites

/
0 Comments

Imagine makeup application every morning without you tools. Sure, fingers will work, but how are you going to go about applying that gel eyeliner? Or how great will your eyeshadow look if you're using those little eyeshadow sponges that come with the product? I know mine would be terrible.

Here are my favourite beauty tools for the year 2013. Because without them, my face would be a mess. Enjoy!

From left to right:
1. The Beauty Blender
This is the most amazing tool that has come into my life this year. I'm not even over exaggerating, this is seriously the best thing for applying foundation, concealer, cream blush, whatever you want! It gives such a beautiful natural yet flawless finish...forget looking cakey ever again!

2. Sigma F40 Large Angled Contour
My favourite for applying highlighter! The brushes are soft and they're not too dense, so it applies the perfect amount over the cheeks.

3. Real Techniques Buffing Brush
I like using this for blush! I just dab it into a pigmented blush (think nars) and then gently dab onto my face. That way, I can gently buff it out if I overdo it!

4. Real Techniques Contour Brush
This brush does exactly what its name suggests. It is what I use to contour my cheekbones (or lack of), it's the perfect shape to fit into the hollows of the cheeks.

5. Sigma E55 Eye Shading
Great for packing shadow onto the lid. Just a simple, no fuss, soft eyeshadow brush.

6. Sigma E65 Small Angle
I have this brush to thank for my brows! I fill them in with a matte dark brown shadow, so this brush is perfect for giving me the shape I want. Love it!

7. Sigma E30 Small Pencil
If you have a small crease (like me), you will love this brush. It doesn't spread the eyeshadow all over the eyelid, but rather concentrates it in the crease, giving your eye that extra definition.

8. Sigma E40 Tapered Blending
This brush is light and fluffy and perfect for blending away those harsh lines! 

9. Small brush from Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner
I'm usually put off by brushes that come with products because they tend to be terrible! But this little eyeliner brush is great, it's thin and gives a precise line. So if you have this brush (or something similar) and you thought it'd be terrible...give it a try, I think it's great!

10. Sigma E25 Blending
I have the travel-sized version of this brush, so it would look different if you bought the actual one. I love this brush not only for blending, but also for contouring the nose! 

So there are my favourite brushes that I have been using this year. It's just proof to show that you don't need to spend LOADS on makeup brushes. Of course, there are some great high-end brushes out there.. but for the time being I'm quite content with my little lower-end collection.

What are some of your favourite brushes?





You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.