2013 Top 10 Beauty Favourites

/
0 Comments
Can you believe that we are at the end of another year? I know that everyone says that, but seriously.. where has this year gone? Nonetheless, I am excited for a fresh start and to see what 2014 has to offer.


Here is what I have been putting on my face in the past 365 days:

1. Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in 200 Soft Beige
Love this foundation! I have dry and sensitive skin and I find that this foundation gives me a dewy finish. It doesn't accentuate any dryness on my face or make me look cakey at all. I think this gives a light to medium coverage, which I find perfect to wear in the day time. 

2. LORAC Pro Palette
LORAC brings a whole new definition to the phrase "pigmented, buttery shadows". This is my favourite palette to use for an every day look, a smokey eye look, and basically any look using neutral shadows. Ok, excuse my gushing but I really love this palette. Seriously. It has the perfect balance of matte and shimmers, and every shade is amazing. 

3. Maybelline ColorTattoo Cream Eyeshadow in 35 Tough as Taupe
To be fair, most of the shades in the ColorTattoo line are amazing, but I find myself gravitating towards this shade the most. The formula is so smooth on the lids, lasts all day and is just the perfect base for any eye look. Another favourite shade is 25 Bad to the Bronze, which (as the name suggests) is a metallic bronze shade.

4. Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in 050 Berry Smoothie
This is my everyday go-to shade for the winter/autumn. As I have said before, the lip butter formulas are amazing, and if you're weary of wearing a darker lip, this shade is the perfect transition. You can wear it sheer or add a few layers for a more opaque look. I love it for those days when my lips are super dry but I still want a lip colour and don't want my lips to look like a hot mess by the end of the night. This moisturizing formula is amazing, many of the other shades are great as well but this shade in particular has been my go-to this year.

5. Canmake Shading Powder in 01 Danish Brown
Canmake gets it done when it comes to powder products. This matte shading powder is my go-to when I want to give my face that extra definition. A little goes a long way with this one, so I definitely use a light hand and build up the product.

6. Koji DOLLY WINK Liquid Eyeliner in Deep Black
I cannot say enough good things about this liquid eyeliner. It is pigmented, lasts all day, doesn't smudge (everything smudges on my lids, but this!) and is easy to use. The only negative thing about this product is that it's not easily accessible in Australia, but if you can get your hands on this then seriously, do it!

7. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Darling
I only chose the shade darling because I couldn't include all the colours I have, but I LOVE the formula of these balm stains. They are moisturizing and they last longer on my lips than the typical lipstick. They are easy to apply on the go and just look great on the lips; pigmented or sheer. Love love love these!




8. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles in 120 Light
Moisturising. Concealing. Doesn't settle into fine lines. Need I say more? I love this concealer, it's easy to use and it covers up those dark circles. It is a medium coverage concealer and my only complaint is that it doesn't last ALL day. But if I re-touch once throughout the day it will get me through the night.

9. NARS The Happening Palette
I have a love/hate relationship with this palette, but I've included it in my 2013 favourites because I use it every day. The Orgasm blush and Laguna bronzer are great (surprise surprise), the dark matte brown shade in the bottom right is perfect for my brows, but the other 3 shades are... not the greatest. Each of them contain such chunky glitter than I have to make sure I apply enough primer, and place a tissue under my eyes to catch the fallout. So I guess only half the palette is my favourite?

10. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Saving the best till last, this face powder palette is seriously holy grail status in my makeup collection. This perfect little trio each provide a different sort of finish to the face, but each of them are simply beautiful. I never used to use finishing powders but this palette is just amazing.

There are my favourites for the year! Well done if you've stuck with me through all that writing! What are some of your favourites for this year?




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.